Friday 31 July 2015

Nigerian Police Have Some Decent Officers.

Nigerian Police Have Some Decent Officers.

A moment ago, I drove into a Police 'Stop and Search point' somewhere in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

There was a car ahead of me. It was stopped, I was unable to hear the dialogue between the driver of the car with a judiciary plate number and the police officer.
But I saw the driver of the car who was in his late 50's came done, opened the boot for the officer to inspect and after he was allowed to go.
When it became my turn, the officer asked me to move away from the junction where he stopped me, he then said, "Sorry for disturbing or delaying you. I will be brief. Please, may I see the content of your booth"
I came down, opened the boot, he checked and saw a packet of some soft drinks and asked what they are about and I told him and asked him to pick one or two cans but he politely said, "Thank you sir but officers don't drink while on duty". To say the least, I was really impressed by his decent approach to duty. I then said, "I wish, the Police have more of you". He smiled,thanked me and I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment