Saturday 25 July 2015

38 Questions You Should Ask B4 You Say “I Do”



38 Questions You Should Ask B4 You Say “I Do”
Strictly For the Singles and their Instructors 
 
1.       Why do I want to get married to this person?
2.       Am I ready to give up some things for the sake of the relationship?
3.       Am I ready for marriage spiritually, emotionally and physically?
4.       Is there evidence that there is a mutual understanding of each other’s vision?
5.       How understanding is my future spouse of my desires, dreams, and goals?
6.       Have we spent sufficient time getting to know each other as friends?
7.       How financially stable will we be?
8.       How do family, friends and mentors react to my future spouse?
9.       How much do I really know about my future spouse?
10.   Am I prepared to pray for my future spouse’s weaknesses and celebrate his strengths?
11.   What impact will the work, ministry, vision, and goals of my future spouse have on my life?
12.   How will my future spouse’s family and friends impact my life?
13.   Will my future spouse respect and keep to issues agreed between us?
14.   What evidence do I have that my future spouse is prepared to be the priest, provider and protector of the home?
15.   How does my future spouse view marriage?
16.   How committed is my future spouse to ensuring the marriage will work?
17.   How well do we currently communicate and express our feelings, needs and wants?
18.   To what lengths is my future spouse prepared to work at maintaining healthy communication?
19.   Am I prepared to let go of family ties, emotionally, spiritually and physically?
20.   Are you friends, apart from the marriage relationship?
21.   Are you mutual mentors of each other in spiritual matters?
22.   Are you proud to introduce each other to your friends?
23.   Do your differences compliment one another’s strengths and weaknesses?
24.   Have you dealt with previous relationships that can affect the present?
25.   How comfortable do I feel about the marriage counselling we have received?
26.   How responsible is my future spouse to correction
27.   Am I able to disagree constructively with my future spouse without feeling bad?
28.   Does my future spouse honour, esteem and encourage me?
29.   Am I able to submit to my future spouse?
30.   Am I proud of my future spouse’s appearance, ministry, work, etc?
31.   Am I prepared to follow my future spouse anywhere?
32.   Am I able to respect my future spouse’s decisions?
33.   Am I able to take correction from future spouse?
34.   Am I prepared to spend the rest of my life with my future spouse?
35.   Am I able to take correction from my future spouse?
36.   Am I prepared to spend the rest of my life with my spouse?
37.   Am I fully aware of my future spouse’s medical history?
38.   Am I comfortable with my future’s spouse’s world view?



No comments:

Post a Comment