Saturday 31 October 2015

A Christian Lawmaker Speaks on Public Responsibilities


Ministry Updates from Capitol Ministries

Faith Integral to Congressman Webster's Life


A Christian Congressman can't separate his faith from the decisions he makes in office. Faith should be an integral part of a Christian's life. Whether your job is running a business, or whether your job is being a laborer, or whether your job is being in the United States Congress, it really doesn't matter, if your faith is integrated into your life, it is going to affect how you think, what you do, and how you act.

For me, my faith is the center of my life. The principles of my faith are found in the Bible. I read the Bible all the way through every year; I read Psalms and Proverbs through every month. And every day I look for a verse that I write down on a piece of paper and put in my pocket, knowing I will come across the reason it is there and sure enough, that is how it works out. The biblical principles I live by affect everything I do every day including making votes, meeting with constituents, or trying to serve the community in other ways. Faith can't be pulled apart from other areas of life. You can't separate faith and say, 'I go to church on Sunday that is the faith part of my life, and the rest of the week is the secular part of my life.' You can't live like that and have real faith. As a Christian, my faith affects everything I do. — Congressman Daniel Webster, 10th District, Florida 

ECFA 

No comments:

Post a Comment