Saturday 11 March 2017

Celebrity News

Posted: 11 Mar 2017 08:00 AM PST
Fast-rising Nollywood actress, Success Asibor who started acting professionally fours years ago, is also a producer and has featured in movies like When Dreams Fall Apart, In the Greek, Triggered and many more.
In a recent chat with Saturday Sun, she stated that demanding sex for a role was no big deal.
Read below;
How did your acting career start?
I have always had passion for acting ever since I was very small. I remember vividly when I was like five years old, I would stay in front of the television in the house to watch movies, then later I will start acting the same way I watched it for my mummy. Then I used to admire Regina Askia, Liz Benzon and all. I started acting from secondary school but my father said it’s over his dead body that I will act. I would go for auditioning and he will flog me. After secondary school, I stopped attending auditioning and concentrated on my education. When I got admitted to Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, Edo State, in year two, my immediate elder sister bought me a form to attend a movie audition. I told her ‘I’m scared, will you go with me?’ And she agreed to go with me. That sameday, I was auditioned and chosen. That was how I started acting in Edo State.
But my journey into the movie industry will not be complete if refuse to mention how I came across Chico Ejiro, Zeb Ejiro, Emmanuel Okukuwa and some other directors and artists. They saw me acting and were like, ‘wow, so you know how to act. You are also a good girl, the next time I have a movie to shoot, I will call you’ That was how I came down to Lagos to act with Uche Jombo on Chico Ejiro’s production.
What’s the title of the movie? 
It’s a movie titled  When Dreams Fall Apart.
Who do you look up to in the movie industry?
I want to be like Omotola Jalade.
Why her? 
I love her simplicity, and her real nature of interpreting roles. She’s very natural, she’s herself. When you watch her movies, you will notice that she doesn’t over act.  Movie is actually make believe and she always gives her acting that make believe touch.
Do you look forward to working with her? 
Definitely! I can’t wait to work with her. Although, we have both featured in the same movie, the day she came on set was the day I was leaving. But I was with her in the car for a while.
Like how many movies have featured in? 
I don’t have the number off hand but I could remember some titles like When Dreams Fall Apart, Made on Mission, Desperate Bankers, Shattered Dream, Evil in Me, Triggered, which was produced by me and lots more.
Considering the nature of your job, do you‎ think you would be able to stay long in the industry? 
Sure, I will stay long in the movie industry. I’m not in it because everybody is there, I’m here because of my passion for acting, this is me and all I love to do.  As the saying goes, ‘nothing good comes easy’. If I am not on set for two weeks, I’ll feel I’m not where I’m supposed to be. I love it when I am on set.
Has any producer told you that if I don’t have sex with you, I won’t give you role?
Yes, several times and I don’t see it as a big deal. It happens in other industries too. There’s always sexual harassment in other sectors; you see lecturers asking their students for sex before they can pass them. Even some bosses in corporate organisations ask their subordinates for sex before they can be promoted. But the ability to make you stand out, makes you who you are. I can’t say because I’m not picked for a role, I will now go and sleep with the producer or director. Never! That’s not me.
You are a beautiful lady, what is your beauty routine? 
Thank you. To maintain a fair skin is a whole lot of work, and my skin is very delicate, I react to any irritation. So, I try as much as I can not to share towel, bathing soap or cream with anybody. I take two glasses of warm water every morning and night. And I eat more of vegetables and fruits.
You once said that your boobs are your selling points, how do you maintain them to remain your selling points?
I used to think that my boobs are my selling points, but now my brain is my selling point because I have a lot in there that is very profitable for the movie industry. As for my boobs, I don’t tie wrapper on my chest for any reason, because it sags the boobs. I don’t  wear bras with iron underneath and I don’t sleep with my bra on.
Is Success Asibor in a relationship? 
I am in a relationship, but I’m single and not married. I am always ready to mingle.
Is your man comfortable with the nature of your career?
Yes, he’s very comfortable with my job; he loves it so much. Anything I do, he’s always supporting me and he’s very, very understanding.
What kind of guy would you like to settle down with?
First of all, he must be God fearing, understanding and very romantic.
What inspired your movie, Triggered?
People’s perception about men. A lot of people believe men are the ones that cheat and not women, but the both of them are guilty. Triggered centers on an ingrate girl friend, but then the rest will be unveiled when the movie is out as home video.
Aside acting, what else do you do? 
Aside acting, I sell hair extensions and female wears.
Between movie making and trading, which is more profitable?
Like I said earlier, acting is my passion; it gives me joy and satisfaction, but my business pays me more.
Are you ready for marriage?
I will wait for God’s own time.
What is that special thing that acting has done for you? 
It’s really opening doors for me these days I must confess, I have been getting different adverts of recent.
The post “No Big Deal In Sex For Role” – Actress, Success Asibor appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 11 Mar 2017 07:00 AM PST
Renowned Nollywood actor, Saheed Balogun who is well known in Nollywood for his versatile roles in Yoruba movies also acts in English movies too.
Recently, he spoke with Sunday Sun about his firsts.
Read Excerpts:
First movie?
That was in 1989 in Kwara State and titled Ori Apere. My first TV national soap opera was Winds of Destiny on NTA. I played Mallam Vodca  in it . My first radio program was on Radio Kwara as Mallam Sule Metoya, a comedian. My first television appearance was in 1978 in NTV kiddies program. I was the first producer in the history of Africa to do the true cast movie, the Ankara movie and the three cast in West Africa.
First day on stage, did you panic?
I was just doing my thing. No stage fright at all. But the following day, I asked people how it was and how I performed.
First salary?
I earned it in Ilorin and in 1989 at the Kwara State Council for Arts and Culture. It was N130 and I felt cool that day. I left primary school in 1978 to go back to secondary school in 1985. Just imagine that stretch. Fausat Balogun was the first to tell me to go back to school.
First car?
It was a BMW. That was what I bought with my money. That was like 15 or 17 years ago. I dashed the car to a friend who said he would give me something. I couldn’t face him to ask for the car again, because he assisted me a lot. He has done more than a car for me. Subsequently, I bought Honda Accord.
First pet?
I don’t have.
First trip abroad?
I’m sorry to say this; a person who went to Cotonou went abroad too. My first trip abroad was to Cotonou. But if you want to package it, my first trip was to London. I was shocked at the trip because I went with the likes of Ramsey Nouah. I felt I just had to sit down and watch others. But when they called my name, the hall was vibrating and I was like is it real? That was in 2002.
First girlfriend?
It was in secondary school and we called her Bose but she’s from Ebiraland. She taught me how to speak Ebira language. You know that kind of boyfriend and girlfriend. It’s more of picture and letter. Not the kind of things they do these days that result in teenage pregnancies. We were all in Ilorin then. But don’t forget, I left primary school in 1978 and started secondary school later in 1985. Look at that long stretch. I was much older in secondary school. Even in Form 1, I was the president of music and dramatic society. It was like a star coming to school when I got to secondary school.
First designer outfit?
I can’t mention the name. That’s a free advert for them. My consultant would fight me. But in those days, it was bj trousers, stretch jeans, and bj hairstyles. These were designers in those days.
First kiss?
I don’t remember. But I’m not a fan of kissing. My pikin must not pick my brain in that regard.
Posted: 11 Mar 2017 06:00 AM PST
Lagos Socialite and club owner, Pretty Mike who signed an undertaking never to put girls on a leash again, recently stepped out with flower girls to an event.
Explaining the unusual episode in an exclusive chat with Saturday Beats, Pretty Mike said he wanted to “make a grand entrance”.
My friend, Bobrisky, who is also a customer of mine at the club, invited me for his house warming and I felt I should go there in a grand style. What could have been a  better way to go there than the way I did?”
His flower girls weren’t his only show; Mike also chose to wear a bathrobe to the event. He gave his reasons.
Fashion is what you create out of it and how you carry it. Nowadays, you see celebrities especially in the US dress outrageously creative. They wear things that you would not normally think they would do but when they wear such, it becomes a trend. So for me, I felt there was no fashion book that states that bathrobes should not be worn in public. I strongly believe that fashion is what you make out of it. As long as there is no public nudity, anything can go. Some years ago, Don Jazzy, was wearing a pyjamas in public and it was all good. For me, it is all about fashion and it is what catches people’s attention and they talk about it.”
And even as he has been linked so many times as male Barbie, Bobrisky’s lover, Mike said he wished he was the ‘bae’ Bobrisky always talked about. Bobrisky is known to flaunt a mysterious lover online whom he calls ‘bae’.
“I wish I was Bobrisky’s bae. With the things he is putting out and the way he is spending and growing, honestly speaking I wish I was his bae. I keep telling people that which man in our society today would give you N8m just to play around. If that was me, I wish I had that capacity but I am not his bae. I am just a friend and I knew him when he started patronising my club. I figure that since he has been patronising me over the years, it does not mean I would distance myself from him now especially as I had known him when he was Idris and not Bobrisky. All of a sudden that his character is questionable, it does not mean that I would start running away from him or denying him in public. That is not the kind of person I am. That is just the way I feel and that is why sometimes I stand strong with him. He is somebody that I have known over the years regardless of his sexuality, religion or beliefs,” he said.
The post Why I Switched From Girls On A Leash To Flower Girls – Pretty Mike appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 11 Mar 2017 05:00 AM PST
Ace Nigerian actor, Emeka Ike’s 14-year-old marriage to his wife, Suzanne, was legally dissolved on March, 2, 2017 in Lagos, with the court also granting him custody of his children.
Speaking to Saturday Beats during the week about the development, the actor stated that he was not ready to talk about his marriage. But he said when the time comes, he would put out a “comprehensive press statement explaining everything that has happened.”
When asked if he was still interested in having his wife back probably by appealing the judgement, he said, “I don’t want to talk about the dissolution of my marriage with anyone yet. When the time comes, I would put out a well detailed press release about what went wrong and you would be the first to have it. I feel some of my detractors want to use this as an opportunity to get to me. Or are they using you? When it is time for me to talk, I would speak but not now. Thank you.”
Posted: 11 Mar 2017 04:00 AM PST
Sultry Nigerian artiste, Waje who is from Edo State and a single mother of one has disclosed in a recent chat with Saturday beats, that she wants a husband that truly serves God.
Revealing that she can never rule out love from her life, the singer quickly added, “I have not ruled out the concept of love and re-marrying from my life, I can never do that. I look for certain criteria in a man and the first is that he has to be God-fearing. I don’t need a passive God-fearing man; he has to really invest in his faith.
“The only way I can love someone completely and unconditionally is if I experience a bigger kind of love and that is God’s love. I also like a man who is not afraid to be expressive and who is not afraid to support someone who is hard working and in the public domain. He should not put restrictions on me and must know that this is my job and would allow me shine. Also I would want a hardworking person. He does not have to have about $10m in his bank account but when you see someone who is hard working, it means that no matter how many times we fall, we would rise again. He has to be easy on the eyes as well. I don’t care much about his height but he should be a bit tall because I am a tall person.”
The post “I Need A God-fearing Husband” – Waje appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 11 Mar 2017 03:00 AM PST

Veteran Nollywood actress, Chioma Toplis who bashed Oge Okoye after claiming American TV star, Kenya Moore’s dogs as hers, disclosed why she blasted her colleague.
Explaining why she called her out on Facebook, Chioma said, “Moreover (when) she went public to talk trash about my household even as she was living in my house and eating my salt and pepper but secretly made those calls to spoil me behind my back.
“I am not like her (Oge) who snitches behind people’s back. I do mine in the open. I don’t care about guys who have gone to blog under anonymous names to say trash about me. At the end of the day, I have done what I want to do. I didn’t tell her (Oge) to be living a fake life. The whole world knows that I am not afraid of that bitch and I am ready to bash her at any given opportunity,” the actress said on her Facebook page when a fan asked her why she didn’t talk to Oge Okoye privately instead of yabbing her publicly.
Recall that, there has been a cold war between the two actresses for years now. Since their rift, it is obvious the actresses don’t see eye to eye.
Posted: 11 Mar 2017 02:00 AM PST
Kemen who was disqualified from the BB Naija house for trying to get intimate with TBoss without her consent has finally revealed what happened between them in an interview with Media room hub.
Watch video below:
The post “The Honest Truth About What Happened That Night Lies Between TBoss & I” – Ex- BB Naija Housemate, Kemen appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 11 Mar 2017 01:00 AM PST

Nigerian artiste, Davido  who was rumoured to have been expecting a second child with an Atlanta based 24 year old girl named Amanda has finally confirmed it.
He made the revelation during a live Instagram interview with Gbemi on Beat FM yesterday, Friday, March, 10.
Davido, who already has a daughter, confirmed he’s expecting another child when Gbemi asked him if the rumour was true.
The post Davido Finally Confirms He Is Expecting Baby No 2 appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 10 Mar 2017 10:40 AM PST


Bisola Aiyeola, one of the popular housemates of the Big Brother Naija Show is quite energetic, talented and well loved by fans of the reality TV show.
Stargist.com presents you with 7 interesting facts about the high-spirited lady.
Read below:
1 She is a Nigerian-British actress, singer, MC and presenter.
2 Aiyeola studied Business management at National Open University of Nigeria and is one of Nigeria’s budding Nollywood’s finest.
3 Her fame began when she contested in the 2008 edition of MTN Project Fame and this is what she has to say about how the competition helped her; “Project Fame helped me in the movie industry. The first director I got to work with was a D.O.P on Project fame. ” – Bisola revealed.
4 She is a great mimic and has done a lot of comedy skits and is well known on Instagram.
5 Bisola is a voice over artist and a one time TV host of Billboard Nigeria which aired on silver bird television from 2011-2013.
6 The vivacious entertainer is a single mom with a 7-year-old daughter.
7 Abisola is part of the radio station WFM 91.7 (Nigeria’s 1st Radio station for WOMEN and their families).
The post 7 Intriguing Facts About BB Naija’s Vivacious Housemate, Bisola Aiyeola appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 10 Mar 2017 10:10 AM PST

Yvonne Okoro is a Ghanaian actress of Nigerian and Ghanaian descent whose movies are some of the best selling in Nigeria and the rest of the world.
Speaking with Joy News, the talented actress noted that Ghanaians are quick to complain when Nigerians and South Africans bag all the awards, but they never put in effort to vote for the movies they claim to support.
Yvonne’s movie received multiple nominations but did not win any. She however blames Ghanaians for never proving their dedication to their movie industry.
She said:
“It means people didn’t vote that’s what it means. When you say this, people get angry. They go and watch the thing (award shows) and go like why are Nigerians only winning, why are South Africans winning but it’s a viewer’s choice awards, you’re meant to vote so that the one that you want to win, would win. And you’ll realize that we have that problem.
We talk a lot about supporting, oh yes! Let her go, we’re so proud of you but nobody goes out there to vote if you look at Big Brother and all these shows, the person cannot win if you don’t vote. So you’ll realize that for my last movie ‘Contract’, the ones (awards) I won were all by the jury and not by popular votes so that should tell you that Ghanaians don’t know how to vote and when you don’t win, they would want to ask you why you didn’t or, get angry and say why are Nigerians winning. It’s because they vote for their people. No matter how terrible the movie is, they go out there and vote because they want their country to win.
What’s most important is that, next time, let’s not just celebrate the person or the fact that she’s been nominated. Yeah being nominated is fantastic but trust me, winning is the best. So next time, let’s go out there and vote for Ghana, vote for your people so that they can win but the fact that we were nominated and at least Ghana represented, I think it’s a beautiful thing but it would have been better if I won.”
On what Yvonne Okoro thinks about her works being the only ones recognised by the awards competition:
“I don’t know because I didn’t watch any of the movies and don’t know the movies churned out last year or last two years but it’s a very competitive award show.”
Sometimes, a movie not making it doesn’t mean it’s not good. It’s good, better, best, so it’s like your movie might be good but there are better ones or, you didn’t follow due process so because of that and due to a certain reason, your movie will be disqualified. And these things, they wouldn’t come and tell you that your movie was disqualified but you just won’t make it so in the end, your movie might have been great, but you wouldn’t get to that point.”

No comments:

Post a Comment