Sunday 28 February 2016

Celebrity News Arrives

Posted: 28 Feb 2016 05:00 AM PST
H.E. Mrs. Toyin Saraki, Wife of the Nigeria Senate President and Founder of the leading maternal and child health NGO – the Wellbeing Foundation Africa, attended the final music concert of the Obama administration, “Smithsonian Salutes Ray Charles: In Performance at the White House,” on the 24th of February at the kind invitation of President Barack Obama and his wife, First Lady Michelle Obama.
A longstanding supporter of the creative arts and music in Nigeria and globally, H.E. Mrs. Toyin Saraki joined President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama, performing artists Usher, Demi Lovato and Grammy Award Winner Brittany Howard, to pay tribute to the enduring legacy of Ray Charles.
Toyin Saraki attended the event with are son below:
Photo source: Daniel Sync
Posted: 28 Feb 2016 04:00 AM PST

President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe celebrated his 92nd birthday with an allegedly lavish $1 million party.
The oldest ruler in the world hosted the extravagant televised celebrations on Saturday, drawing criticism from opponents who said the festivities were an affront to ordinary Zimbabweans.
Thousands of party loyalists, foreign representatives and members of the public watched as Mugabe released 92 balloons in the air and they listened to poetry readings, songs and chants hailing him an African icon and a visionary.
More Photos Below:

Posted: 28 Feb 2016 03:00 AM PST
Ambode
Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, attended the Golden Jubilee grand reunion of FGC, Warri, his alma mater yesterday, 27th of February.
Gov. Ambode happily took pictures with the students in the school and some of his old school mates wearing his ‘school uniform’
In the speech he gave at the school celebration, he said:
”Indeed, my becoming a governor can be attributed to what I gained and learnt from this school. We must come together, all of us to ensure that the vision of the establishment of the school must not die. 
So it is a great honour to all of us to return here after decades and celebrate this 50th anniversary. We are benefiting from the vision planted years ago. 
I want to assure the principal that we are going to bring back the good old days of this school. I wish all the students well and pray that you all be better and more successful than all of us here today. 
I like to say a big welcome to seniors and juniors. One great thing about this school is that no matter what you become in life your senior remains your senior.”
More Photos Below:




Posted: 27 Feb 2016 11:30 PM PST
Halima Abubakar
Nollywood actress, Halima Abubakar, reveals in this interesting interview why men may find her intimidating, getting married at the right time and some more about herself.
Read excerpts from her interview with The Nation
On men finding her intimidating
Well, that will be the man’s business because I didn’t tell such a man not to go to school, or have a library; I cannot afford not to be myself because of a man who feels intimidated by me. A man should even be happy to encourage me. Any man that is intimidated by a lady is not a man.
I have, however, learnt to be tolerant of people. I have learnt to ignore a lot of side talks; I have learnt to be patient with a lot of people, because I have a temper which I have learnt to control. I am working on myself. Also because of the way that I have been treated in the past by people, I really do not value friendship. I am trying hard to know people and that’s where patience comes in. I am still trying to open up; I hope I will be able to do that with a man that I hope to spend the rest of my life with. I do not want a man that I will spend just one year with and he’s gone. I don’t want a man that will make me pop out babies, then he will go clubbing. I will drag his hair to the house! I’ve had anger in the past, so it’s easy to piss me off and it’s easy for me to forgive. I don’t react; at the same time I’m not a robot, so I am bound to react once in a while.
On Settling Down
Marriage will come when it will come. You don’t rush it. It is one of the few things that one does not need to rush. Marriage is not a movie that one has to rush.  You do not marry because the public wants you to get married. You do not marry because you are getting old, you do not marry because you are too young. You get married when it’s the right time. You get married when you meet the right man, when you know that it is okay and the man too is okay. And you are sure that you are going to have a fine, peaceful marriage.
But there are guys in the movie industry, haven’t they been approaching you with subtle marital proposals?
Well, you do not get married because you are in Nollywood or because people there are proposing. Moreover I do not encourage people to date where they work.
Does that also mean that you are not likely to marry an actor?
I will definitely not marry an actor.
Posted: 27 Feb 2016 10:00 AM PST
Ciara2
American singer, Ciara, arrived in Lagos yesterday ahead of her performance for Darey’s Love Like A Movie concert.
While on the way to her hotel in the traffic, Ciara took this photo of a fruit hawker on the streets which she shared on her Instagram page..
Could this well be another grass to grace story just like Jumoke, the bread seller’s own?
Ciara1 Ciara
Posted: 27 Feb 2016 08:00 AM PST
Paul Okoye
After all the social media brouhaha concerning P-Square in the last two weeks, it is safe to say Paul Okoye is having such a great time bonding with his son, with no drama involved.
The second half of the P-Square group shared some photos of his son, Andre, where he is seen spending some quality time with him.
Photos Below:

  Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.

No comments:

Post a Comment