Sunday 2 April 2017

Celebrity and Entertainment News

StarGist - Hook Up With Your Favorite Celebrities



Posted: 02 Apr 2017 08:00 AM PDT
Olayode Juliana, aka Toyo Baby in the popular series ‘Jenifa’s Dairy’, is one young and talented lady who knows her onions.
In an interview with punch, the actress talked about her life, career and campaign for sexual purity.
See excerpts:
Background
I grew up in Ogba, Lagos, with my family. I have four elder sisters and a younger brother. Growing up was so much fun and there was never a dull moment. But I also had to do a lot of house chores because I was the last girl.
Education
I don’t want to disclose that for now for personal reasons. As a child, I had a lot of ambitions and at some point, I wanted to become a pilot. I also wanted to become a lawyer and newscaster.
Acting
While growing up, I never thought that I would become an actress even though I was a drama queen.
Jenifa’s Diary
I was on my way to church when a friend invited me for an audition. The first time I auditioned, I didn’t do it well but the judges gave me another chance. I wasn’t expecting them to get back to me but they informed me some months later that I had gotten the role. That was my first time on set and I had a lovely time acting alongside experienced thespians like Yemi Solade and Tina Mba. Working with Funke Akindele-Bell0 and playing ‘Toyosi’ in Jenifa’s Diary has been a beautiful experience. Funke is very versatile, hard-working and a disciplinarian. She always takes her time in anything she does because she always wants to come out with the best.
Challenges
The challenges I have had so far have to do with working with people who don’t share my values. Most times, I reject scripts because I cannot play some roles because of my beliefs. Already, I have acted in movies like Couple of Days, Where Does Beauty Go?, Rivers Within, Click Now, and some others.
Other interests
I like singing and I’m part of the church choir. Though I don’t have plans to release any song for now, it could happen in the future.
Fame
Nothing much has changed about me, but I’m more concerned and aware of my environment now. There are also lots of people who want to take pictures with me and they don’t understand that sometimes, I could just be very tired. However, I wouldn’t trade that for anything. It has taught me how to relate better with people whether I’m in a good mood or not. Before now, I could go wherever I wanted but now, I have to be more careful.
Virginity
I am a strong advocate for sexual purity and it goes beyond the screen for me. That is who I am and I’m not doing it for any other reason than that. Years before I began acting, God told me that
He would open doors for me and that wherever I go, I should always talk about Him and sexual purity. I belong to Mine Ministry which advocates sexual purity and we have our World Virginity Day on the second Saturday in June every year. Virginity Day isn’t only for virgins but for all who stand for sexual purity and know that virginity isn’t a thing of the past. There are lots of immoral things on social media which attract a lot of traffic but it’s sad that when you talk about something like sexual purity, people look at you like you’re doing something weird. I must confess that it has not been easy for me. But irrespective of what goes on around me and in the movie industry, I have resolved to stand tall and stay true to my values.
Relationship
I am in a relationship now but I wasn’t in one when I started advocating purity. Sexual purity isn’t all about being in a relationship or not. A lot of people might think that I’m saying I’m sexually pure because I wasn’t in a relationship but there are some people that could come up to you and say they don’t want to have a relationship with you, that all they want is sex. There will always be pressure and it’s not an easy process but it’s good to stick to one’s values. Sometimes, one may even be tempted to give it all up but I believe that people shouldn’t have sex until they’re married. I don’t need to talk about the kind of man I like because I already have a man I love.
Fashion
I like anything fancy and decent. I believe you don’t have to reveal any part of your body to be fashionable. You can be all covered and still look very good. There is no fashion item that I’m crazy about but I like accessories though I don’t really wear them. However, I appreciate it when I see it on people.
Relaxation
I hang out with friends or go to see a movie. I also like dancing and that’s how I unwind.
The post ‘Only Married People Should Have Sex’ – Juliana Olayode aka Toyo Baby appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 02 Apr 2017 07:00 AM PDT

Ace Nigerian comedian, Seyi Law, who once had a face-off with arrested controversial Nigerian Journalist, Kemi Olunloyo, who made a public post that Seyi Law’s daughter is obese, has disclosed that he was very happy to hear that Kemi was arrested.
He said this will serve as deterrent to people who put out things on social media, to malign others. He went further to disclose that he will be suing an Abuja-based blogger, Emmanuel Oko Ekpo Bricks for writing and trying to defame him for popularity.
He wrote:
“PLEASE READ THROUGH.
I was one of the few who was happy when they heard Madam Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo was arrested as I believed it will serve as deterrent to others who will just put out things to malign others. I was also particularly happy that there is a cybercrime law as I was going to sue a blogger, Emmanuel Oko Ekpo Bricks in Abuja for writing and trying to defame my personality for popularity and even went as far as touring radio stations and granting video interviews claiming I was threatening his life despite the fact that I haven’t spoken with him before up till now.
Then, I thought of the mistakes I have made in life that could have kept me behind bars if the victims have decided to pursue the case(s) and I decided to take the path of forgiveness. Madam Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo has never been entirely right and we must acknowledge that and instead of just going after the Pastor, we must ask that he should be kind enough to forgive.
I don’t know if what Madam Kemi wrote about the Pastor was true, but what if it is not, we know what it means to have your character questioned, nonetheless we plead for his forgiveness. We can’t force it and so we plead for his forgiveness.
I have read from people shouting hell on the Pastor and I just laughed as I know what some would have done if it was them. Please don’t forget that we are Humans first before Pastoral call. I therefore, plead with whoever is behind the case against Madam Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo to forgive for Christ’s sake.
Thanks.”
See photo:
The post ‘I Was Happy About Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest’ – Seyi Law appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 02 Apr 2017 06:00 AM PDT

Annie Idibia is a Nollywood actress and celebrity wife to music icon, Tuface Idibia who have been able to stay together despite the fact that they are both in the spotlight.
Tuface recently released the remix of his biggest hit song, African Queen, which was used as an original soundtrack in comedian, AY’s new movie, 10 Days in Sun City, and dedicated it to his lovely wife.
In a chat with Sunday Scoop recently, Annie lit up like a million stars while describing her marriage.
She said:
“I feel blessed to be married to 2face and I’m glad that we share something special. In fact, our marriage is a blessing,” she said.
On how she feels that Tuface dedicated the remix of the iconic song to her, she said, “Naturally, I feel good about it and I can tell you that any woman would love such a thing. It is a beautiful thing when the person you love appreciates you…it ranks among one of the best feelings in the world.”
The post ‘I Feel Blessed To Be Married To Tuface’ – Annie Idibia appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 02 Apr 2017 05:00 AM PDT
Popular Ghanaian actor, Majid Michel shocked fans last year when he announced that he had become a born again Christian and was going to let go of all worldly things and romantic movie roles.
In an interview with Abusa FM Ghana, Majid revealed that being born again has cost him a lot of friends. Most of his friends, he says, have deserted him after he made the decision to become born again.
He also said he had to let go of some friends who are detractors and cannot help him achieve the goals he’s set for himself as a Christian.
His vision, he adds, determines his friends and so, to be at a better position in serving God effectively,
he has to make room for those who will help him attain that goal.
While attributing his success as a good Christian to his friends, Majid said:
‘If you’ve a plan or goal it determines the kinds of books you read, the kind of friends you hold and the kind of people you hang around with. Pascal and Timothy became close to me because we’ve like minds of doing the work of God and they’ve become my friends.
‘Even if we go to a hotel and I’ve a lady friend, I’m monitored by Pascal and he asks who that person is. Sometimes I can have friends who can entertain lady friends and that makes it very important to know which friends you can really move with’.
Posted: 02 Apr 2017 04:00 AM PDT
It was an emotional moment in the Big Brother Naija house yesterday 1st April, as family members of the contestants paid them a visit in the house.
They were however not allowed to respond to the words said to them by their family members. Efe, Debbie Rise, TBoss, Bisola were in tears as their family members spoke to them.
See video:

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 11:00 AM PDT
Nigerian singer, 9ice  the Gongo Aso has revealed that as long as he’s still doing music, the dream of winning a Grammy award remains alive.
Speaking with The Punch, he said,”
“I am still working on bringing the Grammy to Nigeria. Abraham Lincoln tried several times before he became the president of the US while Buhari tried about four times before he became president.” 
As long as I am still doing music, I can still get the Grammy” he said.
The singer also said he maintains a cordial relationship with his former Coded Tunes label mates, Olamide and Reminisce.
 “There is no issue between myself, Olamide and Reminisce. The reason I was not at one of Olamide’s concerts was because I was not in the country and that was the same reason I missed Reminisce album listening party.

“It is just that our schedules are tighter now. I was on Olamide’s first album and he was on my last album. I have so many songs with Olamide that are yet to be released. I also feature in about four songs with Reminisce that have not yet been released. I am on his recent album. “It is just that I have a busy schedule now.”
The post “I Can Still Win A Grammy, Buhari Tried Four Times” – 9ice appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 01 Apr 2017 10:00 AM PDT


Big Brother Naija reality TV show, Bisola and Debie-Rise on Friday, March 31 engaged in a heated argument, resulting to Derby-rise calling Bisola “senseless.”
Biggie gave the housemates a task to create a game tournament and after setting it all up, Debie-Rise pushed for a change in the rules and Bisola immediately opposed.
Both housemates got into a disagreement.
Debie-Rise walked past Bisola and told her to “keep shut!”.
Bisola would not take that as she retorted and rounded up by telling Debie-Rise to “close her fears and be bloody deaf.

The post BB Naija: Bisola & Debbie Rise Fight Over Big Brother Naija Game appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.
Posted: 01 Apr 2017 09:00 AM PDT
YAGI boss, Lil Kesh was spotted competing against a little girl on stage during a performance in Indigo.
The little girl and the ‘Shele gan gan crooner’ set the stage on fire.
Watch video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment