Friday 26 August 2016

I Didn't Refer to 2015 Presidential Election in my Interview - CAN President



 Image result for photos of Olasupo Ayokunle
Ayokunle 
The President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev Dr Olasupo Ayokunle, has denying the reports that he referred to the purported support given to the All Progressives Congress (APC) by the Obama administration during the 2015 presidential poll in the interview granted Thursday. 
Ayokunle was reported to have "noted that the attitude and disposition of Kerry and the discrimination he adopted during the visit supports accusations that the President Barack Obama’s administration, Kerry and other strategic US politicians in the Obama’s government openly supported the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 general elections, which produced the current leadership of the country".
But in a swift reaction, the cleric said there was never a time "I referred to the 2015 presidential poll and the so-called American support given to the APC by the Obama administration in the interview."
Said he, "I am unavoidably away from the country now but from what I have read from the social media and the online media, I was misquoted and misrepresented to have traced the Kerry visit to Nigeria to the purported support given to the APC during the last year election. There was never a time I  referred to the 2015 presidential poll and the so-called American support given to the APC by the Obama administration in the interview."
Ayokunle who said he has called the journalists whom he spoke to especially the one who recorded the interview to ask when he made reference to the 2015 election but they have no proof cautioned "our journalists to be more thorough and more professional in their sensitive job in a time like this."
The cleric said, "I stand by everything I said in the interview except where I was misquoted and I urge our media practitioners to be more professional in their reportage."
PASTOR ADEBAYO OLADEJI
Media Assistant to the CAN President, Rev Dr Olasupo Ayokunle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment