Friday 22 April 2016

PDP Convention: I Was Never Barred From Contesting - Metuh

Image result for images of olisa metuh
Metuh

I have been inundated with calls from friends and associates enquiring
about a report in a section of the media suggesting that I have been
barred from contesting any position at the forthcoming National
Convention of our great party.  Nothing can be farther from the truth!

I wish to restate that the decision not to contest is personal and
completely within my right.

At no time have I ever been approached or any responsible person ever
infer that the constitution of our party should be changed to exclude
those facing court trials.  For the umpteenth time, I refuse to be drawn
into any discussion about my matter which is actually subjudice.

The guidelines and constitution of the PDP are in total sync with the
Nigerian constitution in the old established order that all persons are
deemed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Nobody in the
hierarchy of the PDP can ever ridicule our party by stating the
contrary.

Finally, I wish all prospective candidates good tidings at the National
Convention.

Signed:

Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment